Construction Shouldn’t Impact Grad Parking

Workers make progress in construction of Bear River’s solar panels. Principal Roberts hopes the construction won’t effect graduation parking too much. Photo by Monica Meszaros

You may have noticed what is happening in the parking lot. If not, look out a window! As of recently they are doing work out on the parking lot to make a cover. On top of the roof are going to be solar panels. Principal Chris Roberts stated “This will hopefully reduce the need for electricity on our campus and save us money in the long run.”

Not only will the solar panels help generate electricity, but it will also provide a nice cover from the hot sun, and the rain and snow.

With graduation only a few weeks away, Roberts is optimistic that parking won’t be an issue.

“I don’t think parkings is going to be an issue because we only have about 115 kids graduating,” Roberts stated. “When graduation happens I think we’ll be OK. We’ve got parking over

at the Magnolia field, and we’ve got parking along the street.”

Roberts also said that it will hopefully be done by next school year. Also the construction was supposed to start last summer. Due to it starting this year, personalized senior parking spots were canceled this year.

“In fact we even told seniors, but that’s why we couldn’t have senior parking spots,” Roberts explained. “So we were told it was gonna happen last summer, but because it got drug out a bit with all that red tape it started later than anticipated.”

But now that the footers are poured, Bruins are allowed to drive and park in that area.