Meet Dr. Smilowitz

Dr. Sara Smilowitz teaches psychology students. Photo by Sarah DeRise

This is third in a series about new teachers at Bear River.

Bruins are wrapping their minds around the new Psychology Teacher, Dr. Sara Smilowitz.

Dr. Smilowitz is teaching Psychology in room G02. Dr. Smilowitz previously attended the University of Memphis. She said she has taught various subjects all over the country, including time in elementary schools, middle schools and high schools for over 16 years.

Students in Dr. Smilowitz’s class expressed love for their new Psychology teacher.

“I like her because she is cool and funny and she’s one of my favorites,” said Kendra Carter, a senior.

“She’s got a good teaching style — it makes everything fun,” said Callie Jountz, a senior.

“I like her because she understands the students,” said Colton Wood, a senior. “I would say she’s my favorite.”

Dr. Smilowitz expressed the same love for her students.

“Yes, I love them. Look at them, they’re great. Who wouldn’t love them?”

Dr. Smilowitz said she chose to work at Bear River because it was one of the top ten schools in the state of California, even going so far as to describe Bear River as “paradise.”

“I had to come and check it out for myself,” Dr. Smilowitz said. “I love it. It’s amazing, the students are amazing. The teachers are great.”