Halloween haunts Bear River

Seniors Alyssa Pulkinghorn and Kailynne Van Winkle won “Best Duo” costume.Photo by Tosh Celenza

Spirit haunted the hallways of Bear River in recognition of Halloween.

Halloween fell on a Monday this year, which pondered the question, what did leadership have planned for school spirit? According to the social media and word of mouth, the students of BR enjoyed some exciting Halloween festivities.

“First, we have a costume contest. Prizes for different categories (and) candy and stuff for the winners,” said Activities Director and Leadership teacher Matt MacDonald. “(A) pumpkin patch scavenger hunt where there are cut-out pumpkins with names on them throughout doors of the A-wings and people have to find their names.”

Costume duo winner and senior, Alyssa Pulkinghorn, said her favorite part of the Halloween spirit was, “trying to find my name on the locker ‘cause it was a really fun way for everyone to interact.”

Aubree Knox, a junior, suggests that “they should’ve given out more candy and encouraged more people to dress up… (and) made it more known.”

Mr. MacDonald said the students usually always dress up. With this in mind, everyone was curious about what students would throw together as a Dress Code appropriate costume. Natty Hubacz, a junior, said that she “dressed up as a burglar,” while Knox said “she was a referee.”