Bear River’s Dancers Bring their Visions to Life Through Last Dance Show

Daron Nelson/BRCurrent.com
Dance 3 performing King of Spain.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
Bear River’s Dance Visions brought the stage back to life with the last dance show of the year and for some, for the last time as a Bruin.
From heartfelt performances like ‘Sign of the Time’s to upbeat dances like ‘Ice, Ice Baby’, the dancers poured their hearts into making the dance show a lively experience for everyone.
While some dancers began their dance journey this year, others just performed for the last time at Bear River.
Senior Riley Wimberly, who helped choreograph the performance ‘Vienna’, was one of those students.
“I feel happy and sad about it,” Wilmberly said. “I’ve been here since freshman year and I grew up doing dance so I’m really happy I spent my last show still doing it. I feel like I accomplished a lot throughout my years and I feel like this dance show was a good way to end the year.”
Wimberly truly loves being able to express a different side of herself through dance and hopes the dancers younger than her can follow and dance with their hearts.
With a variety of tap, contemporary and hip-hop, there were lots of favorites throughout the show. However, freshman Ally Van Bourgondien particularly loved the dance ‘King of Spain’ because of its upbeat movement and overall teamwork.
Van Bourgondien loves being able to participate in dance and is one of the few freshmen in a higher-level dance. She feels her skills become more advanced by being surrounded by such talented dancers. “I loved mostly the community and how welcoming everyone was,” Van Bourgondien said. “It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it a lot because I got to dance with the people who are close to me.”
The dancers don’t just bond because they dance together, but because they all love dancing and can do it together for the community.
Gaby Baldock, Bear River’s dance teacher, loves watching the dancers bond and finds teaching very rewarding.
“The most rewarding part about teaching dance is watching new students fall in love with the art of dance and improve,” she said.
Baldock’s passion is teaching dance and it’s the reason she comes to work every day.
The dance show is an opportunity for Baldock and her students to showcase their talents.
“I felt the dance show was amazing!” Baldock said. “The dancers stepped up and gave an amazing performance every single night!
“After the first week of rehearsals in the theater, I felt extremely proud of all the dancer’s hard work and able to sit back and watch the beauty that they were bringing to the dances.”