Varsity Baseball makes memories at Raley Field

Varsity and Junior Varsity Boys Baseball teams entering Raley Field. Photo by Jared Pittsley

Bear River Baseball struck out during the game at Raley Field.  

On Monday, March 27 the Varsity Baseball team played Marysville High School at Raley Field in Sacramento, but unfortunately gained a loss with a score of 7-5.

Head Coach Eric Van Patten believes that the Raley field game is very important to the players and coaches.

“It’s important for the memories, but truth be told it’s a very expensive game to play,”said Coach Van Patten. “It’s not a cheap memory. I think it’s well worth it because 99% all of them will step on that field in a professional role.”

The season has not been what the team had anticipated because of the losing record.

“I’m not very happy with the way the season is going right now because we have lost every game so far,” said Justin Dooley, a senior.

“I’m not really happy with the way the season is going right now, I think we should be doing better,” said Nate Van Patten, a sophomore.

“There is definitely room for improvement during the season, because we still haven’t won a game yet,” said Clay Corippo, a junior

“We could be better, like we could be winning but we have been doing good.” said Trevor Hennig, a senior.

Players believe that they really need to improve their hitting and fielding skills.

“We make too many errors on the field, we really need to communicate as a team and every position needs to be worked on at practice,” said Dooley.

“We make errors but we also need to hit more,” said Hennig.

“Our offense is really bad, we don’t hit very well,” said Corippo.

“We really need to start focusing, and play as a team, but there is definitely room for improvement,” said Van Patten.

Players reflected on the game that ended with a loss of seven to five.

“During the game, we worked together as a team for once, so that was great.” said Wyatt Hook, a senior.

“I think the game could have been better, but overall as a team we had a lot of fun and we played good against a really good team,” said Nate Araiza, a senior.

“I think we played well, but there were errors that were made that lost us the game,” said Bradley Dzioba, a senior.