Winter break left Bruins feeling stressed

Freshman Matthew Hansen enjoyed his winter break. Photo By McKenna Hisaw

Winter break has ended on a high note but students are stressed about going back to school.

This winter season, Christmas and New Year break started on December 21, causing the two-week long break to fall extremely close to Christmas. Most students were surprised by this, because in the past few years the break has fallen a week or more away from Christmas.

Senior Kayla Toft spoke about the different placement of break.

“I liked having time for myself,” said Toft. “And I like how the two weeks were after Christmas.”

Toft told about what she did over break.

“Break was good, it was fun,” she said. “I had a lot of basketball games, I went to Tahoe and hung out with family a lot.”

Principal Amy Besler also shared about her experiences over break.

“I love to spend time with my family, go on hikes when the weather is nice, read books, and travel,” Dr. Besler said. “This Winter Break, my entire extended family of over 20 people traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, for a week and had an amazing time.”

Freshmen Matthew Hansen also shared some input on how his break went and what he did.

“My break was really good, I did a lot of things. I hung out with my family and break was really good,” Hansen said. “It was good because I got to go see family and I got to play video games with my friends and I also went to Roseville.”

Freshmen Aron Seniw talked about the hardships of getting back into school and how he wishes it was extended.

“I think it’s hard to get back into school after being gone and I wish it was extended by another week,” he said. “I think it’s harder to get back into core classes compared to electives.”

In the end, Dr. Besler explained her thoughts on getting back into school.

“I definitely think it’s more challenging to jump back into the academic subjects like English, Math, and Spanish; it seems like a little easier transition back with the electives, which aren’t typically as focused on things that are difficult to remember.”