Meet Mr. Cummings

Ryan Cummings is a new Bear River science teacher. Photo by Desi Kreiter

This is first in a series about new teachers at Bear River.

Ryan Cummings, the new Biology and Integrated Science teacher in A207 is kicking off his first school year at Bear River High.

Though it’s only his second year teaching, people are already describing him fondly. With a likable personality and academic knowhow, it’s no surprise. Principal Amy Besler discussed Mr. Cummings in a very optimistic way.

“We’re thrilled to welcome Mr. Cummings to Bear River’s Science department…” Principal Besler said. “His experience, love of science, interest in students, and passion for being a great teacher make him exactly the kind of person we love to have on our faculty.”

Not only have the faculty taken a liking to Mr. Cummings, students agreed.

“He’s a very good person,” said G’Angelo Paz-Zal, a junior. “He has a calm teaching style and he makes really easy to learn(the material), for whoever he teaches.”

Mr. Cummings moved here from Marysville. He revealed that when he was in college he’d been in a couple of bands, including one called the Nebulan-Mower and another he refused to name. (He is  hoping to keep students from finding a video of him on Youtube.)

Mr. Cummings shared his thoughts on being at Bear River for the first time.

“(Bear River) is much nicer than Marysville,” Mr. Cummings said. “I’m pumped about the birds, since I like bird watching. Not many people are, but I am.”