Cross Country, a running frontier

The cross country team warms up for a hard day at practice . Photos by Massiel Chavez

It’s time to kick it up and go the distance with Cross Country.

With the return of school comes fall sports. At 3:45 p.m. every weekday, runners test their fast-paced endurance in a sport called Cross Country. The first Cross Country invitational is Saturday, August 27.

JohnPaul Bzorek, a Sophomore, is a fast runner. He goes to Cross Country everyday and works hard. At the upcoming invitational at Oakmont High School, Paul will be able to put his work to the test and see how well it has paid off.

“I joined Cross Country to improve my skills in track n’ field,” Bzorek said. “I like how it pushes me to being a better runner.”

Cross Country is a sport that improves all your athletic abilities. Sources say that Cross Country is excellent training for all sorts of other sports. They say Cross Country is a sport for sports. It keeps you fit by having you run a little everyday.

Bear River students might be uncertain about joining Cross Country. Some may be nervous about how the team is treated or the skills of the coach. Runners who were interviewed were quite reassuring. They said the Cross Country team and coach are the most fun and nicest people to be around.

Viviana Chavez, a senior, had good things to say about Coach Kevin Vasquez.

“He is really nice and inspires me to do more and better myself,” Chavez said.

Additionally, Coach Vasquez says he is fond of his runners.

“They are like a family,” Coach Vasquez said. “They go through, pushing themselves through physical limitations together.”

Coach Vasquez said joining Cross Country was a good idea for Bear River students.

“It allows you to grow more physically and mentally,” he said. “It’s a great team environment with lots of support and its also co-ed.”

Coach Vasquez said what students learn and do in cross country stays with them for life.

“It builds character because you learn your limitations and how to grow beyond them,” he said.