Bruins prepare for reveal of new yearbook

Yearbook Adviser Christina Levinson opens a box of newly arrived 2017-18 Bear River yearbooks. Photo by Bella Ferrari

Throughout the past several months, Bear River’s yearbook staff has worked tirelessly to make this year memorable through the pages of our yearbook, and now the time to pick up yearbooks is just around the corner.

Karissa Johnson, a sophomore and the lead graphic artist for yearbook, provided information on yearbook pick-up day.

Seniors get their yearbooks Wednesday, May 30th in C127,” she said. “All other students can pick them up on Friday, June 1st [also] in C127.”

In previous years, according to Bear River’s Yearbook Adviser Christina Levinson, “yearbooks have been stolen.”

Mrs. Levinson explained how these complications affect yearbook distribution.

“It’s really kind of a high stress situation for us, because we just want to make sure our customers … [are] happy at the end of the day,” she said.

Madison Barrett, a freshman, elaborated on how they will distribute these yearbooks to prevent these complications from happening.

“The yearbook class has chosen to divide the class up into groups,” she said. “On pick-up day, the room will be divided up into certain sections. The sections will be divided alphabetically according to the buyer’s last names.”

She continued describing their system.

“Each group will be responsible for giving yearbooks to their correct owners,” Barrett said. “Students who have purchased a yearbook must sign their name on a sheet of paper in order to collect their yearbook. This will help us keep track of the students that have already gotten a yearbook.”

Yearbook students, despite being done with designing the yearbook, still have jobs to carry out as for yearbook distribution.

Sebastian Carranza, a sophomore, explained how he and his classmates are contributing to this task.

The system that is in place currently is a three person system that is split into six separate groups,” he said. “Each group has three people working at it and each person has its own specific role.”

He went on to elaborate on what each specific role entails.

“The roles are most likely going to be divided into a person who finds the books, another person who checks off the book has been located and given out, and third just as a backup just in case,” Carranza said. “There are also two door people to make sure we don’t get flooded when the yearbooks are being distributed. And there is one more selling other things like bonus pages in case you want them.”

Johnson talked about why she believes most or all of students attending Bear River should buy a yearbook next year.

I believe all students should buy yearbooks because in a few years they will want to look back at everything that happened throughout high school,” she said. “You can still buy a yearbook online at treering.com. It will be shipped to your house and will not be at school on distribution day.”

Carranza added to what Johnson said.

“You don’t want to ever forget the memories of the school or anywhere you went or anything you did or the people you even knew,” he said. “Because say twenty years down the line, you might forget who some of your friends were, but your yearbook doesn’t.”

Mrs. Levinson included a final thought.

“We want to make sure everybody gets their yearbook, because your yearbook is forever,” she said. “It’s the only thing you don’t throw away from high school.”