New P.E. teacher focused on Bruin well-being

New+Health+and+Physical+Education+Teacher+Jennifer+Krill+helps+a+student.+Photo+by+Emily+Bakey+
New Health and Physical Education Teacher Jennifer Krill helps a student. Photo by Emily Bakey

The new 2018-19 school year has officially begun, and brings with it a variety of changes to Bear River. One of these changes is Jennifer Krill, Bear River’s new Frosh Health and Physical Education teacher.

Coming from previous positions at both Nevada Union High School and Silver Springs High School, Ms. Krill said that she was looking for a change of scenery.

“I’ve heard really good things about Bear River and I wanted to experience the school for myself,” she said. “So far, it’s been great.”

Freshman Jordan McAlister said something very similar, mentioning her enjoyment of Ms. Krill’s teaching methods.

“I like her just overall approach to her students, and how overall super calm and chill she is,” said McAlister.

Fellow freshman Austin Jackson described his first impression of Ms. Krill.

“I thought it was going to be a harder class to work in, but I realized after a little bit that it got easier to work in,” explained Jackson. “It’s going to be my hardest class, I feel like, but I feel like if I work hard, she’ll be able to help me get an easy A.”

He also mentioned why health class is important to him.

“You need to learn about your body, what’s good for you, and what not to do,” Jackson said.

Brydon Hopkins, a freshman, stated that he looked forward to Ms. Krill’s health class more than most of his peers, due to how nice she is. He also described what they’ve learned so far in class.

“Smoking and vaping, not to do it,” Hopkins explained.

McAlister also talked about what she’s learned so far in Ms. Krill’s class.

“I mean, she hasn’t gotten, like, too deep into anything yet, since we’re just starting out in the first chapter of the book,” McAlister said. “I mean, yeah, so far she’s elaborated pretty well on the effects of smoking and alcoholism.”

One thing that everyone said that they unanimously agreed on was just how much Ms. Krill seems to genuinely care about her students’ well-being.

“I mean, for as much as she promotes it, I would like to think she [cares about health],” McAlister said.

Ms. Krill also expressed her hopes for her class as she will be one of the first teachers freshmen at Bear River will encounter.

“Hopefully to make it fun and interesting, and I hope you guys will learn something new,” Ms. Krill explained.

She also said that she wants her students to understand her message for them, and takes about how she wants them to remember her.

“Somebody that cared, that they could come talk to and ask questions to, and I’ll always shoot them straight,” Ms. Krill said. “Enjoy your time in high school, because it goes by super quick.”

Her advice seemed to hold something that all Bruins can take from, and when it came to her giving advice, everyone said that they agreed that she was doing the best she possibly could.

“She’s done the best she could, I think, in my opinion,” Jackson concluded.