Bruins embark on exciting new year

Librarian+Josie+Andrews+is+excited+to+take+a+trip+to+Canada+this+summer.++Photo+by+Emily+Bakey.+
Librarian Josie Andrews is excited to take a trip to Canada this summer. Photo by Emily Bakey.

Last year was a rollercoaster of different emotions for everyone. For some, it may have been a rough twelve months, though, for others, it might have been great. Bruins had plenty of good and bad things to say about last year, but they also are excited about many upcoming experiences and goals as they look forward to their future.

“I feel like it’s super early in 2019, so I don’t have a super good feel for what it’ll be like, but I’m really excited to be taking a trip to Canada this summer,” said Librarian Josie Andrews.

Sophomore Kadin Dooley went for a harder recollection from the past.

“I accidentally made some bad decisions over the summer,” said sophomore Kadin Dooley. “I’m not going to elaborate, though.”

Freshman Mariah Crandall elaborated on what she believed would have been her least favorite part of last year.

“Well, I think the worst part of 2018 was losing some friends from other schools,” Crandall said. “I don’t stay in touch with them as much. And the tide pod challenge was pretty bad.”

Some Bruins thought the worst part of 2018 was the rude attitudes of the people around them and their loyalty.

“The worst part of last year was probably the fact that people were acting kind of selfish,” said Freshman Hannah Ingle. “There was a lot of drama.”

Agreeing with Ingle, fellow freshman Emma Jackson also thought 2018 had a lot of dramatic experiences with the people around her.

“There was a lot going on with the people I hung around, they acted pretty fake at most times,” said Jackson.

Aside from the downsides of 2018, there were also many exciting and beneficial pros of last year. We tend to forget about all the good things that happened throughout the year.

Crandall agreed that, as a student, she loves Bear River, and is happy with the life she has made here.

“My favorite part of 2018 was coming here and making new friends, and having a new experience, but my favorite thing about last year was when I got to come here and see the campus, it was really cool and exciting,” Crandall said.

Hopefully, this year will stay a little more cheerful, and our fellow Bruins will have it better than they did last year. Ingle described how her year has gone so far.

So far it [2019] has been interesting,” she said. “There have been a lot of new experiences. It’s a new lifestyle, going to high school, we are experiencing more with having a fun life, and a mature life.”

Jackson had a different interpretation than Ingle.

“2019 has been crazy, and hectic,” said Jackson. “There’s been a lot going on, and, since this is a new school, I’m still learning my way around things.”

2019 has mostly gotten off to a good start, and there are some hopes and predictions on what some students would like to have happened for themselves this year.

“This year, I’m hoping for the perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich,” said Dooley. “I’m craving that right now, and I’m just really hungry. I’m hoping that my grandpa won’t pass, and to just have a great year overall.”

Some Bruins hoped for things more along the lines of academics and social lives.

“I’m hoping for good grades,” said Jackson. “I also want people to be friendly, more than they were last year. Mainly, I want no drama.”

Agreeing with Jackson, Ingle also believed that her grades her important, as well as her life with friends.

“I’m hoping to get good grades, and a good summer,” said Ingle. “I don’t want drama, and I also don’t want to fail my freshman year.”

Other Bruins, such as Crandall, planned to have some positive resolutions and to be productive.

“This year, I’m hoping for a lot of new friendships, and lots of fun activities and things to do,” she said. “I’m hoping to start up things that I have tried in the past, but have never actually gotten to do.