Art Club Brings Flair To Bear River

Jude Slater and Baelen Carson doing face paint during Club Rush

The Art Club is a place where anyone can join to make art, share ideas and make their creativity into something.
Every creative mind that can create is welcomed. The last art clubs would disappear every couple of years because seniors would graduate and then freshmen wouldn’t know that they could join, so the club would fade to the background. Although, the club is planning to take this one for a long run.
Art club has meetings every Tuesday in Mrs. Jen’s room (C104) at lunch. They like to do fun projects around the school, like the murals that have been painted. They also create clay projects, drawings, create characters and paintings. Overall, it’s a friendly place that everyone is welcomed to join.
However, the main goal they want to accomplish is a new mural for our school. The club has been working together to come up with a theme, where to put it, and everyone will come together to create it. They hope to have their idea finalized by spring which is when they plan to paint it because the sun can dry easily.
Past murals have been themed with simple abstract art. Others have fun themes of games people like to play, Disney characters, etc. Others have been more emotional, based on kids’ heritages. The last mural was painted around 2018, and it was about the theater. It was based on what it was like over the years and how it’s changed.
You don’t have to be in art class to be a part of this club, but even if you’re in the class, you could still join. The club plans to do things the class couldn’t do, like going on an art themed field trip. The plan is to go to some sort of art museum and the club has been brainstorming about having an overnight trip to somewhere like San Francisco.
Students have found a home in this fun environment. They feel safe to make what they want and to share it with people around them.
“Art club is my life! I’m excited for this year and all the cool stuff we’re going to do,” Mrs. Jens said. Along with that, some students had things to say.
Morgan Fowler, a senior, said, “We collaborated on Spider-man collections! We each drew our own Spider-man individually.”
“Art club has a very cool atmosphere and is nice. It’s welcoming and we do fun projects like drawing Spider-man,” freshman Payton Garten said.
“It’s a fun environment to work on collaborative artworks as a group and even if we’re not necessarily working on the same pieces together, it’s still a place where our artistic creativity can flow,” senior Mia Guerra said.
There is excitement about the future of this club, and if students want to be a part of it, they should visit on Tuesday and get to know people.