Top 5 Mean Girls the Musical Movie Songs

Paramount Pictures
Poster for the Mean Girls Movie Musical

Someone Gets Hurt
Renee Rapp did an amazing job making Regina Geroge seem so cold and manipulative while also coming off as very powerful. I love the movements with the backup dancers. Their movements were completely controlled by her. Overall the production and performance were better than the Broadway version and the best in the whole show.

Sexy
This song was completely revamped to fit a more modern dance party feel. Avantika was able to play the character of Karen so well, encapsulating the view that women can dress how they want for themselves. The writers also changed one of the lyrics from “I expect to run the world in shoes I cannot walk in” to “Watch me as I run the world in shoes I cannot walk in”. The original lyric was almost used to make fun of the feminist movement, so this change helped to showcase how women are succeeding and able to do what they want while also looking pretty. The song shows that women are allowed to know they look good

Revenge Party
This was the most fun song of the whole show. I loved the way they added in a surreal party feel which made the movie feel more like a musical than a movie. Auli’i Cravalho and Jaqual Spivey did an amazing job as Janis and Damian and had a wonderful dynamic. The background vocals could have been better and more human, they feel really robotic but that is a stylistic choice to show how the students are like robots following Regina George’s lead. I really love how they added a bunch of wind instruments and featured a marching band section.

World Burn
Renne Rapp played Regina George on Broadway and this song showcases that. Her voice is so effortless while singing the hardest song in the whole show. The background music does not live up to the musical version and makes it feel anticlimactic when this is supposed to be the show-stopping number of the show.

I’d Rather Be Me
Auli’i Cravalho did a wonderful job as Janis. This song is Janis’s solo song after she stands up to Regina. They gave it a more rock feel which I think fit Janis’s character well. The backing track falls flat compared to the Broadway version.