Student section themes bring extra energy to Bruin sports

The+themed+students+sections+added+energy+to+fans+as+they+cheered+on+their+Bruin+athletes++Photo+by+Monica+Meszaros+
The themed students sections added energy to fans as they cheered on their Bruin athletes Photo by Monica Meszaros

Football and Volleyball seasons were ecstatic this year. The students really brought their A-game to the student section this year. Leadership has brought a new energy to this year’s fall season. Leadership has made themes that are easy and fun to participate in like Pink-Out, This is War, Red White and Blue, Wild West, and Jersey themes.

Freshman Hayden Alexander is one student who has brought a lot of pep to the school during games. Alexander has a hard time picking his favorite game.

“I don’t know they are all pretty fun” said Alexander.

Senior Samuel Gouveia often leads students in chanting for the games. 

“The Wild West or the Pink out game was by far the best,” said Gouveia.

Certain themes can bring different energy to the student sections, creating a different atmosphere, as well. This encourages students in a positive way to come and participate in school spirit.

“Some themes give us a little bit more spirit, or a bit more hype,” Alexander said.

“Gets everyone more involved, shows a lot more spirit, gets everyone more hyped up to go, which leads to more cheering, and more celebration,” explained Gouveia.

Leadership does their best to make themes easy, inclusive, and relevant to all the student body, most students would agree that leadership has been successful at this.

“Yes, themes are pretty easy and you usually don’t have to buy anything.” says Alexander 

“Yes, for the most part pretty basic, so the answer is yes.” answers Gouveia

“Overall for fall sports this year’s school section has been the best for the past seven years at least,” said Football Coach Tanner Mathias.

Everyone at Bear River is excited for what the Winter sports student section has to offer.