Bobbie Lee Kliever: Outgoing, Funny and Involved

In a community where individuality is key, Bobbie Lee Kliever stands out like no other with her vibrant personality and love for all things retro. Kliever is a true trendsetter, embracing her passions for music, fashion, and advocacy with an infectious enthusiasm that captivates those around her. While she loves many things, her affection for her cat, Asher, grows more and more every day.
Kliever still remembers when she got Asher. “I was 13 when I got my cat,” Kliever said. “She’s a girl and she’s like my best friend. I had a dog and he was supposed to be mine, but for some reason he just did not like me and liked my mom more. So to kind of make up for it my parents got me a cat because they felt bad. It was honestly better though because I’m more of a cat person anyway.”
Because her mom, Aline Kliever, used to work at an animal shelter she has always had a love for animals. Her connection to Asher reflects on Kliever’s compassionate nature and her ability to form strong relationships with those she cares about.
One of Kliever’s greatest talents is her ability to express herself through various forms of art. Whether she is playing her piano, singing or blasting out a tune from her trombone, her musical ambitions know no bounds.
Her love for music started from a very young age and was immediately inspired by all kinds of art.
“I started trombone in fourth grade, piano in sixth grade, and vocal lessons in fifth grade. But I started musical theater and stuff when I was like six,” she said. Obviously Kliever has a big passion for her hobbies and it all sprouted from her parents.
“It was really easy [to get into music] because both my parents were musicians and so it’s just kind of there. We even have a music room at my house, so it’s just everywhere.” In addition to her musical talents, Kliever is also an actress who lights up the stage with her unique charm. She’s been in multiple school plays and will continue to be so make sure to keep an eye out for her. Her love for performing arts is infectious, and she never fails to bring a smile to the faces of those who watch her perform.
Even though she claims it’s hard to express herself through acting because she can’t really be herself, she enjoys a lot of the opportunities that arise from being in drama. Kliever’s friend, Mia Guerra, loves the passion as much as her talent.
“Bobbie Lee is an eclectic, passionate friend who cares deeply about topics she’s interested in, and isn’t afraid to show it,” Guerra said. “She’s easy to love, and brightens a room with her artistic and musical talents. Not only is she competent, but willing to help others and a great friend.”
Drama has helped Guerra and Kliever become closer and it’s clear to see that she has a bright impact on her friends. But Kliever’s passions go beyond the realm of music and acting. She is also a proud member of Bear River’s Gay-Straight Alliance club, where she advocates for acceptance and inclusivity within the LGBTQ+ community. She believes that everyone deserves to feel accepted and supported, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity. As the president of the club, she has many goals for this year.
“We decided we wanted to build up more people inside our school which is understandable,” she said. “So that’s my goal for the club — to find more people to take over because a lot of the members are graduating this year.”
Another friend of Kliever, Kennedy Herrrera, knows what she’s capable of. “Bobbie is a force of nature, and wildly talented in everything she puts her mind to.”
Herrera is inspired by Kliever and her commitment to school and her friendships. Her dedication to the club and other relationships has earned her the respect and admiration of her peers, who look up to her as a role model for social change. Overall, Kliever is a one-of-a-kind girl with a passion for living life to the fullest. Her infectious energy and positive attitude make her a joy to be around, and her dedication to her passions and beliefs is truly inspiring. Whether she is belting out a classic tune, rocking a groovy outfit, or standing up for what she believes in, she is a force to be reckoned with. She is a true trendsetter who is making her mark on the world in her own way.