Literary Magazine sparks creative art

A Literary Magazine hangs proudly on the wall. Photo by Sara Tate

The Literary Magazine is bringing excitement and sparking creativity amongst the students in the community. This magazine will feature artwork and literary work created by the students in the Nevada Joint Union High School District. The 2021-2022 literary magazine theme is “purpose”. 

Madalyn Werntz, a senior at Bear River who is the Executive Editor of the Literary Magazine, is putting so much with her team into making the magazine as special and unique as possible.

“The Lit Mag is a magazine where we curate the artwork and literary work of students throughout the district,” said Werntz. ”We want to see [students’] perspective on life through [their] artwork.” 

With the artwork that will be displayed in the magazine, people can understand the artists’ and creators’ purposes and passions. Art can be a way to speak without using words and this magazine will speak volumes.

Lit Mag Advisor Mike DeCicco explains why students should make submissions.

“This is a chance for people to explore why art matters to them and what really fuels their passions,” said DeCicco.

Werntz agreed.

“We want to see how much hard work you put into expressing yourself,” she said. 

This magazine also gives a big platform for artists and writers to show everyone how talented they are and what they are capable of.

DeCicco discussed his favorite parts of being the Lit Mag Advisor. 

“Watching the kids take control and come up with all of these great ideas,” he said. “Their enthusiasm is contagious.”

Werntz outlined what students can make submit.

“Anyone who is interested in submitting their personal artwork or something they work on in class can have it go into the magazine,” said Werntz.

If you or anyone you know is interested in being featured in this year’s Lit Mag, email your work to [email protected].