Ag students raise awareness for FFA Week

Mr. Paasch, the leading agriculture teacher at Bear River, poses in his ‘Western Wednesday’ attire. Photo by Jared Pittsley

Bear River Ag students took big steps to advocate National FFA Week.

Each year, chapters around the country celebrate National FFA Week. It’s a time for Agriculture students to share with local, state and national audiences what FFA is and the impact it has on members every day. This year FFA Week was February 20th-25th. The Bear River FFA Chapter promoted FFA Week by setting up school-wide dress up Spirit Days: Tuesday was America Day, Wednesday was Western Attire Day, Thursday was Farmer Squad Day, and Friday was Blue and Gold Day.

Bruin Ag students talked about what National FFA Week means to them.

“FFA Week is very important to me,” said Jaytyn Collier, a junior. “It is a way to show appreciation for the organization and to be able to prove the amount of passions a member has.”

“FFA week means a lot to me due to this being our time to shine and show off our Agriculture colors,” said Jarrod Ferguson, a senior.

“FFA Week means a spread of Agriculture awareness, growth in our schools and communities of future leaders, and knowledge of experiences outside of our high school campus,” said Laurel Stine, a senior.

Students expressed how they showed their support for FFA this week.

“The best way to participate is to dress up for all the spirit days,” said Collier.

“I participate in FFA Week by spreading the word of our amazing FFA chapter throughout Bear River High School,” said Stine.

CJ Paul, a junior, described how FFA Week is a way to promote membership within the chapter and inform the rest of the school about the award-winning program.

“FFA Week is a time that we can show our Ag spirit and show the rest of the school that the FFA program still likes to have fun,” he said.  “It also helps make people ask about Ag classes and gives us a chance to get more people interested in Ag classes.”

Bear River’s Agriculture Teacher Steve Paasch commented on how important FFA Week is to promote leadership in our school.

“FFA Week is always held during the President’s Day celebration because the FFA program values the leadership of our presidents,” said Mr. Paasch.