Candidates ready for ASB election

Activities Director Matt MacDonald shows the ASB election online form. Photo by Jared Pittsley

The future of Bear River politics will soon be in students’ hands.

Tomorrow, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., an online ballot will be open to Bruins to vote for the 2017-2018 Associated Student Body officers. The link will be handed out by students throughout the day and can also be accessed from the Bear River Instagram page.

“Voting will be tomorrow on an online form,” said Amanda Potts, current ASB president. “Candidates will be walking around and encouraging people to vote and handing out the link. The link will be open 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. They’re voting for who’s going to be the head of their school next year and it is an important decision that the whole school should be a part of.”

The ASB candidates are as follows:

ASB PRESIDENT

Candidate: Isabella Batula

“I believe I can make a change. I’ve noticed lots of bickering and arguments about how to manage Bear River as a whole. I want to make it a drama free, bully free zone, especially because my little brothers are coming into high school and they will be experiencing the same experience as me. I want my senior year to be memorable.”

Candidate: Kaylee Bohrer

“I love this School and I believe I can make it better than it already is. I want to be a big part of that change.”

Candidate: Clay Corippo

“I really want to bring some more spirit  into this school and make it an overall better place. A place where everyone can have a great time and hopefully have packed student sections at the games and show the overall spirit of Bear River.”

Candidate: Serenity Edwards

“I am currently the junior class president and I already have a lot of plans for our future senior class and for our whole school. If I win, I’m super excited to initiate those plans.”

ASB VICE-PRESIDENT

Candidate: Kylee Dresbach-Hill

“People should vote for me because I have a lot of experience in leadership and I think I can contribute something to our school that no other candidate can.”

Candidate: Trey Jarman

“Well, people should vote for me because I’m something they’ve never seen before. I’m a new player to the mix. I’m just really good at making quesadillas, back flips, and certain other aspects are very good. I assure that the next year will be very exciting, people will be kept on their toes. There will never be a dull moment. Rallies will be very exciting, spirit days will always be to the tip-top of dankness.”

Candidate: Cat Renner

“I am somebody who gets along with a lot of different groups of people. I would love to spread school spirit throughout all the grades and increase attendance at school dances and functions.”

ASB TREASURER

Candidate: Savannah Collyer

“I want to be elected because I’m qualified for the position, I’ll make sure money gets put in good places, and because I really love this school and want to be a bigger part of it.”

Candidate: Karinne McDonald

“I am running for ASB treasurer because I want to help benefit the school in saving money and getting more involved in athletics, clubs, and school activities.”

Candidate: Jacob Rivett

“I am running for ASB treasurer because I want to become a leader in my class, and one thing I’m going to do to try and benefit the school is try and get more Club Rush days.

ASB SECRETARY

Candidate: Kayla Toft

“I am running for ASB secretary because I’m very organized, I have had the experience of being the junior class secretary, and I like being involved in everything that’s happening at Bear River.”

— Sarah DeRise, Kaylee Guerra, and Josh Howser contributed to this report.