Cha Cha Cha propels BR Volleyball

The Cha sisters — Audri (top), Maylen (middle) and Eden — star for the Bear River volleyball team and bring a unique energy. Photo by Maya Bussinger

Sisterly bonds are some of the strongest bonds known to humankind.
So, when three sisters are all on the varsity volleyball team, it creates quite a stir.

Freshman Eden, Junior Maylen, and Senior Audri Cha are all on the Bear River High School varsity volleyball team, and they love playing together. The girls create a great dynamic on the court that no one else shares with them.

The varsity coach Matt MacDonald expresses his thoughts on having all three Chas together.

“They love each other,” said MacD. “It is such a cool dynamic to have. I’ve never had that. I’ve had sisters before but not three of them. It’s been amazing.”

The girls are a force to be reckoned with out on the court, and many people admire them. This is the first time the three sisters were on a volleyball team together due to the various age gaps keeping them apart. Eden is a freshman on the varsity team, and her sisters could not be any more excited.

Audri conveys her thoughts on it.

“I, personally, am like really proud,” Cha said.

Some people may have thought that Eden was accepted on varsity because of her two sisters, but Eden’s play has proven she’s a true asset.

“No, (it’s) because she earned her spot,” Audri said. “And as sisters and a family, that makes us feel so good about each other.”

Eden was thrilled to be on a team with her sisters.

“I was nervous to be on varsity for the first time, but excited to have the experience with my sisters, especially since it’s Audri’s last year on varsity,” Eden said. “I’m glad I was able to be on it with her before she goes to college.”

The girls love being on varsity together, which means they can help each other whenever they need it.

Maylen explains how her sisters will help her in a way no one else can.

“It is easy to go to either of my sisters for opinions on stuff,” she said. “With friends they might be too nice, or too mean, but with my sisters, I know they are going to be straightforward with me.”

Audri also appreciates this bond that the sisters share.

“If we mess up, we don’t tear each other down,” she explained. “We’re like, ‘hey, you know you can do it, get yourself back up.’”

These girls share a bond that goes farther than the volleyball team. The girls are all very supportive of each other and everyone else on the volleyball team.

“They all bring a sense of fun and (teamwork),” said MacD. “They love the game and bring a lot of energy to our team.”

The three Cha sisters bring a lot to the Bear River varsity volleyball team; from their contagious energy to their wonderful teamwork skills, the girls are a real asset.