Bruins spike Forest Lake Christian

Desi Kreiter passes the ball during a volleyball practice. Photo by Mia Deen-Baum

The Volleyball Lady Bruins are digging their way into a new season with a killer win. Bear River’s varsity team took Forest Lake Christian to five games, pushing them to the last point for a final score of 15 to 12.

“Forest Lake’s team this year was one of the best they’ve had in the past 10 years,” said  Coach Matt MacDonald. “They have a lot of senior girls on their team making it a very exciting game to play.”

School officials have hinted that new floors will be installed in the McCrory Gym during the month of September. They will reportedly be all black and have a Nike swoosh feel.

“I’m super pumped about this win honestly,” said Coach MacDonald. “Knowing that we’re getting new gym floors soon, it was great to win our last home game on the original floors of the McCrory Gym.”

“We gave it our all and kicked ass when we came together,” said Ashlee Albee, a senior and outside hitter on the Varsity Volleyball team for the past four years. “It’s our last game on these floors. In four years varsity has not lost a home game. I’m happy to be apart of the team who did the original floors justice by winning our last home game on them.”

Senior Grace Sypnicki, a back row defense specialist player, also expressed excitement for the big win.

“I can’t wait for the new floors!” she said. “It’s going to give it a new look that proud Bruins can stand by. I’m very proud of my team who came together and won our last game on this court. And I’m honored to continue to win on the new one with all 13 of them by my side.”