Bruins reflect on lively Club Rush

Freshman Blake Platzer enjoys several delicious doughnuts during Club Rush. Photo by Zach Fink

From Taco Bell to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, to In ‘n Out Burger, a big part of Club Rush is the food that clubs sell. However, it’s also an amazing opportunity to learn about new clubs and classes. 

Club Rush is a fun, organized lunch activity that helps different clubs make money, but also get new members for this school year. Leadership Adviser Matt MacDonald felt that it was an overall success. 

“I thought it was good,” said Mr. MacDonald. “It made for some chaos, but we added a bunch of new clubs. Those clubs made some really good money off of it too… it was great overall.”

Several students felt that this year’s Club Rush was also an accomplished event. 

“I felt that club rush this year was very successful,” said Junior Grant Murchison. “…Not only money-wise, but also many people enjoyed it.” 

Junior Kaedyn Harrison agreed with Murchison.

“I felt this year’s Club Rush went pretty well,” said Harrison. “Everyone, in the end, was able to have fun, eat some good food, and sign up for clubs they were interested in.”

Club Rush this year was tied into the homecoming week as a spirit day as Work Out Day, a.k.a “Club Rush-ing.” 

“I liked tying it in with a spirit day and with homecoming week,” said Mr. MacDonald. “We had it about three weeks earlier than last year which lead to a little bit of chaos and some organization stuff but it was good.”

Junior Sydney Franks also felt confident with the tie in to Homecoming week.

“In the past, Club Rush wasn’t during Homecoming week and this year it was,” said Franks. “[It was] pretty cool because it added to the hype of Homecoming [week].”

This year, many different clubs joined Club Rush to participate in all the activities.

“I felt confident that everyone would follow through with what [clubs] they signed up for,” said Franks. “It [felt like] the best Club Rush ever.”

Mr. MacDonald explained why new clubs are a key aspect of making Club Rush a positive activity for the school.

“My favorite part about Club Rush is that every year there are new clubs that join up,” said Mr. MacDonald. “We had a couple of new ones this year that we were excited about, and I think that’s kind of the whole point of it.”

Student participation has a huge part to play in making school activities like Club Rush successful.

“I think that there [were] a lot more people that participated in this year’s Club Rush then previous years,” said Murchison.

Harrison felt that the clubs themselves were a bigger aspect of making this year successful.

“I felt confident about everyone’s participation in helping on the day of Club rush,” said Harrison. “All the clubs just needed to know where to go and then they were able to set up and do their own thing that they planned.”

This year’s club rush was a reminder of what our school strives to become with the students here at Bear River.

“People are eating food and having a good time and we got music playing and people are enjoying it,” said Mr. MacDonald. “But I think also I just love seeing people  be[ing] aware that what’s out there, is good.”