The Library Is More Helpful Than People Might Realize

Lilly Werntz gets caught up on some school work.

The library is a helpful place that students should use for their daily lives.
It is open for students from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. from Monday to Friday. On Mondays, it’s closed from 8:30-9:30 a.m. for the teacher collaboration.
It has many different genres of books, from nonfiction to fiction, cookbooks to comic books, biographies to fantasy, romance, mystery, horror and more.
However, there is more that students can do in the library than just finding books. When they have open periods, they can go in there to study or do quiet work. They can use conference rooms for Zoom meetings, or clubs can have meetings there. The library overall is a safe place where students can go to work on school work or take a break from everything and relax.
Students can’t eat or drink in the library. They have to be respectful to the people around them and the school property, like the books, shelves, and Chromebooks. Jessica Dax, the librarian assistant, can help students with what they need. Dax can fix Chromebook problems, give people chargers and print things for assignments.
Many people love the library because it’s a place that has helped them and provided them with what they need.
“It gave me a place to not have to worry about all the work I accumulate in school,” Maggie Alford, a junior library TA, said. “It’s a quiet space where you can work on school work without overbearing stress.”
“The library helped me discover my love for reading again, by helping me find a book I love,” another library TA, senior Alex Sanders, added.
“It’s given me more free time to do work I can’t do during after-school hours,” junior TA Jack Woody said.
Another student, Mia Guerra, a senior, had a different view. She’s in the Library Science Class and they do many different things to help the library.
“Library Science is super fun and amazing because I have always loved reading and literature and libraries are just that,” Guerra stated. “In Library Science, I have my own shelves to take care of. I get to dust them and make sure they’re clean and the books are in order. We also do displays. I did a Barbie display for biographies of famous women, and I helped add to a BookTok display about what books are trending on TikTok. We had a lot of fun doing those.
“I had a lot of fun researching the books and doing the projects on them. Overall we do a lot of fun projects and it’s amazing.”
Dax is someone who is always there to help the students during the week and gave an overall view of what the library can do.
“We strive to make this a safe place for students to come and a place where they can find and discover what books they enjoy reading.”